“He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life”
– Muhammad Ali
What is the “Comfort Zone”?
The comfort zone in our view is nothing more than a trap. Most people live their entire lives on autopilot mode experiencing very little positive or negative emotions. Due to this lack of emotion we are often not even aware that we are stuck in this trap.
How many of you can name someone who hates their job but is scared to search for a new one? Or maybe someone who has never left their hometown before? Or maybe even you’ve had a great idea but failed to pursue it for some other reason?
For some reason in our society doing something out of the “norm” is considered crazy by some people. It’s almost as if we’ve been programmed from childhood to be in this routine. But this can’t be what life is all about, not the one we have envisioned.
So, we are here to tell you to stop it right now! It’s time to make a change if you’ve fell into this trap. That’s the beauty of life is that you can make a change at anytime you wish. Here’s an interesting exercise to try out, write down all the things you wish you could be doing with your life. Then we want you to write down what would be the worst case scenario if you dropped everything right now to pursue some of those things. Then, if you had to go back what steps would you take to get yourself there. We’re gonna go out on a limb here and say that you didn’t die during this process right? So if you didn’t die and you can always go back to what you were doing what’s holding you back?
We don’t expect anyone to change overnight but we do believe in small goal setting “baby steps”. Here are some useful tips to getting out of a routine or looking to try/do new things:
1. Looking to read more – Instead of trying to force yourself to crame hours of reading why not set yourself a small goal like reading 10 pages a day.
2. Learn new things – This newfound knowledge can be academic or practical; it doesn’t matter, so long as it broadens your horizons. Try to learn something new everyday.
3. Analyze your life – Every once in a while, you should put your life on pause, take a step back, and take a good look at where you stand. Figure out what you’ve accomplished so far and examine the distance between that place and where you intend to go in your life.
4. Travel to new places – This doesn’t have to be explained much we don’t think. Just go to new places and explore new experiences.
5. Take Risks – This is what separates the men from the boys. You’re gonna win some but you might also lose some in life but this is where you learn the most.
Living a HellaLife isn’t easy nor is it for everyone. But were here to tell you that everyone and anyone can make a change for the better. Live the life you’ve always wanted, better yourself and help the world be better than the way you left it. Confront your fears and start to breakout of that comfort zone and live that HellaLife.